Filled with the flavors of chicken, black beans, corn, and onion, this creamy southwest chicken soup recipe is a perfect delight for every food lover!
No food lover will resist themselves from having one sip of this creamy southwest chicken soup recipe when its sizzling fragrance spread in the house! But wait for a second, did you miss something, yeah, an after-meal dessert, try this delicious chocolate peanut butter cake to complete your dinner!
Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Total Time: 4 Hours 15 Mins
Yields: 7-8 Servings
- 1 Can Black beans (Drained)
- 1 Can Corn (Undrained)
- One Can Diced Tomatoes (I prefer a quart of home-canned Tomatoes)
- One Can Green Chilies (Diced)
- 1 Package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 3 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 2 Chicken Breasts or 1 Can Chicken
- 18 Oz Package Cream Cheese
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour cream
- Slow Cooker, also known as Crock-Pot
- Large Bowl
- Cooking Spray
- First, spritz the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Now, transfer all the ingredients into a crock-pot, except the cream cheese.
- Then, put the slow cooker on the stove and cook it on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once it’s prepared, pour a package of softened cream cheese in the crock-pot. Mix them thoroughly until melted and combined well.
- If you used raw chicken breast in this recipe, then remove it from the slow cooker and shred properly.
- Then, return and stir chicken into this soup.
- Finally, garnish the soup with sour cream, cilantro, and grated cheddar cheese.
- Your creamy southwest chicken soup is ready to serve! Enjoy!
Fat 9.43 g
Saturated Fat: 3.33 g
Cholesterol: 101 mg
Sodium: 952.41 mg
Potassium: 1052.69 mg
Carbohydrates: 25.32 g