Loaded with pecans, vanilla, chocolate, and butter, this German chocolate bundt cake recipe is an excellent mouth-watering dessert for every occasion!
When it comes to delicious and best desserts, cake always wins! Today, we are going to tell you, an easy German Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe, that will make your day!
We bet, this cake’s soft and crunchier texture will convince you to never, ever buy a German Chocolate Cake again! Besides, if you love tiramisu cake roll, then check out its recipe.
German Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Small Box of Instant Pudding Chocolate (dry, not mixed with milk)
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese (Not Low Fat, Softened)
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 6 Oz Can of Evaporated Milk (Not Sweetened Condensed)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of Coconut Sweet Flake
- 3/4 Cup of Chopped Pecans
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large-sized Bowl
- Large Sauce Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Cake Stand
- Bundt Pan
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, add cake mix, instant pudding, cocoa powder, sugar, vegetable oil, water, eggs, and sour cream into a large-sized bowl.
- Beat the ingredients using an electric mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until they blended well.
- Now, take a bundt pan and spray two coats of non-stick cooking spray onto it.
- Then, empty the prepared batter into the bundt pan and bake it around 40-50 minutes or until it springs back when touched lightly.
- Take out the pan from the oven and flip it over the cooking rack to let it cooled down.
Note: While the cake is baking, make the topping and frosting!
- Combine egg yolks, milk, along with vanilla into a large sauce-pan with a whisk.
- After that, add butter & sugar into that pan and put it on the cooking stove on medium heat for 12-15 minutes to get a thickened and golden colored mixture.
- While cooking the above mixt, whisk it in every few seconds.
- Once it’s done, remove the pan from the stove and combine coconut flakes and chopped pecans into it.
- Now, empty the toppings into a bowl and put it into the refrigerator, until it’s ready to use.
- Pour cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat them by electric mixer on low speed, until the mixture gets smooth.
- Now your frosting is ready!
- To complete the cake; first, place it on a cake stand.
- Then, spread the topping mixture on the cake using a spoon and frost it as desired!
- Now, your cake is ready to serve! Enjoy!
Note: If you don’t know how to frost a cake, then read this article!
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for further usages.
- You can use any brand of cake mix.