Try this sweet and simple Grandma’s Lemon Meringue Pie recipe to satisfies your taste buds to the core! Most importantly, this delicious pie is milk-free!
If you want to make a Grandma’s Lemon Meringue Pie, just like your lovely grandmother, then this recipe is perfect for you. This delicious pie is thickened with flour & cornstarch along with egg yolks. You can also try these crispy vegetable fritters which is a delight snack for every food lover.
Prep. Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 40 Mins
Yields: 1 – 9 inch Pie
Grandma’s Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of All-purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 ½ Cups of Water
- 2 Lemons (Juiced and Zested)
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Egg Yolks (beaten)
- 1 (9 inches) Pie Crust (Baked)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 6 Tablespoons of White Sugar
- Medium Saucepan
- A Whisk
- Small Bowl
- A Metal Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- For Lemon Filling: Take a medium saucepan, pour 1 cup sugar, salt, flour, and cornstarch. Whisk them well.
- Then, add lemon zest, lemon juice, with water into the saucepan, and stir them well.
- Now, put the saucepan on the stove and cook it on medium-high heat, whisk it frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil. Then, add butter into it and stir again.
- Take a small bowl, add egg yolks and gently stir in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
- Stir the egg yolks mixture back into the rest of the sugar mixture. Bring it to boil & continue to cook along with mixing it constantly, until it becomes thick.
- Now, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour filling into the baked pastry shell.
- For Meringue: Add egg whites into a metal bowl and whip them to get a foamy mixture.
- Now, whip sugar into the egg whites, until stiff peaks form.
- After that, evenly spread meringue over the pie, and properly seal the edges at the crust.
- Then, bake it for 10 minutes or when the meringue becomes golden brown.
- Your Grandma’s Lemon Meringue Pie is ready to serve.
Total Fat 10.3 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 229 mg
Carbs 49.7 g
Protein 4.4 g
If you love this recipe, then feel free to share it with your family & friends. For any suggestions and queries, hit the comment button below!