Try this delicious & unmatchable old fashioned Hershey’s chocolate cake recipe to satisfies your sweet buds to the core! Read on to learn about the recipe!
This old fashioned Hershey’s chocolate cake recipe is smooth in texture, melts in the mouth instantly, and an excellent dessert to satisfy your sweet buds! It’s a must-try, moist and decadent cake for the chocolate lovers! You can also try our strawberry shortcake delight!
Hershey’s Chocolate Cake Recipe Old Fashioned
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
Yields: 10 Servings
- ¾ Cup Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- ⅔ Cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- 1 ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ⅓ Cups Water
For Chocolate Frosting:
- 12 Ounces Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Evaporated Milk
- 13 x 9 x 2 Inch Baking Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Cooling Racks
- Small Microwave-safe Bowl
- Preheat your microwave to 350℉.
- In the meantime, spritz the cooking spray on the baking pan lightly.
- Add butter, vanilla, sugar, and eggs into a large mixing bowl & beat them at high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix together baking powder, flour, Hershey’s cocoa, baking soda, and salt; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beat until combined.
- Then, transfer the prepared mix into the pan.
- Put the baking pan into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once it’s baked, take out the pan from the oven and put it onto the cooling rack for 10-12 minutes to let it cool.
- Remove the cake from the pan and set aside.
- Take a microwave-friendly bowl and add chocolate chips into it.
- Put the bowl into the oven and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add evaporated milk along with powdered sugar into the chocolate chips bowl and beat them until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Now your frosting is ready.
- Frost the cake as desired. Your Hershey’s chocolate cake is ready to serve!
Calories: 540 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 101 mg | Sodium 433 mg
Dietary Fiber 3 g | Carbohydrate: 32 g | Protein 13 g