Have you ever dreamt of fluffy and moist, buttery cupcakes? If yes, then this best recipe for red velvet cupcakes is only for you! Let’s find out below!
Without any further ado, below I am presenting in front of you one of the most delicious, demanding, melt-in-mouth, and fluffy red velvet cupcakes best recipe. Make it once and I bet you’ll never forget its taste. Try and give your love partner and kids a sweet pleasant surprise!
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 14 cupcakes
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature and Separated)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups of All-purpose Flour (Spoon & Leveled)
- 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 4 Tsp of Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp of Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Liquid or Gel Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (Room Temperature)
- Cream Cheese Frosting for Topping
- 12-count Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Handheld Mixer
- Medium Bowl
- Small Wooden or Rubber Spatula
- Cooling Racks
- First & foremost, preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare the 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and beat two egg whites on high speed using a handheld mixer, until soft peaks form. Set it aside.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cocoa powder, with salt into a separate bowl and mix them well. Set it aside as well.
- Take another bowl and mix the butter, sugar, vegetable oil into it using a handheld electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes, until the mixture looks smooth and creamy.
- Now, beat two egg yolks, vanilla, vinegar, with food coloring into the previous mix on medium-high speed until they combined well.
- After that, whisk the previously prepared dry ingredients into this mixture using a handheld or stand mixer on low speed, until they incorporated well.
- Then, fold egg white prepared mix into this cupcake batter with the help of a small spatula.
- Finally, empty the batter into the 12-count muffin pan one by one.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes or it springs back when touched gently.
- Take it out from the oven and put the cupcakes on the cooling racks to let them cool down.
- Make a cream cheese frosting or you can try chocolate frosting and frost your cupcakes using a round decorating tip, when they are cooled down properly.
- Your red velvet cupcakes are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Share this best recipe for red velvet cupcakes with your family and friends. Let us know your suggestions and queries by hitting the comment button below!